Current Noni Research
- Dr. Ralph Heinicke and Afa Palu are working on the extraction and structure of Proxeronine and Xeronine. ( Click here for to see his patent on-line)
- Dr. Anne Hirazumi Kim is doing follow-up work on noni and it's effect on Lewis lung carcinoma cells.
- Dr. Mian-Ying Wang is working on the first human clinical trial involving
TAHITIAN NONI® Juice at the University of Illinois, Rockford. This research
is being funded with a grant from Morinda, Inc.
- Dr E. Furusawa at the University of Hawaii has researched the effect of
TAHITIAN NONI® Juice.
- Individuals have uncovered noni's ability to inhibit the COX-II enzyme while allowing the COX-I enzyme to continue to function.
- Dr. C. Ho at Rutgers University is researching new novel compounds in noni.
- Research is being done on the potent antioxidative properties of noni.
- Researchers are investigating the toxicological, allergenicity, and genotoxicity of noni.
Recent Research of Interest
The Morinda, Inc. lab tested TAHITIAN NONI® Juice for antioxidant activity, using
a standard test method. They also tested samples of grape seed extract,
pycnogenol, and vitamin C using the same method. Grape seed extract and
pycnogenol are popular antioxidant dietary supplements. Vitamin C is well known
as an antioxidant also, especially in the scientific arena. The results concluded
that TAHITIAN NONI® Juice exhibited better antioxidant activity than the others
Dr. Ralph Heinicke
Dr. Heinicke has patents for Xeronine. He has stated that noni fruit contains a
precursor for Xeronine, called Proxeronine. Proxeronine is converted to Xeronine
in the body. Xeronine's physiological effect is in the modification of the structure
of proteins. Thus Xeronine can have a wide range of effects. When a protein,
such as an enzyme or cellular transporter, is not in the appropriate structure, it
will not work properly. Xeronine will interact with the protein and cause its to fold
into its proper conformation (shape). Thus the result is a properly functioning
protein. Proteins form many parts of the cell. Whenever a problem arises in the
cell due to a protein structural problem, Xeronine will be helpful.
The following web sites linked hereby are not endorsed nor operated by Tahitian Noni International®. The information and views expressed therein are solely those of the owner of those sites and do not constitute advertising of Tahitian Noni International® products.
Click on the INCC logo to get scientific research.
Click on the link on the right side of the picture in order to read
more scientific research.